[Bantay] So I Ate Hawaiian Pizza in Bantay: Not Invented in Hawaii

Latest Food on This Blog

» » » » [Bantay] So I Ate Hawaiian Pizza in Bantay: Not Invented in Hawaii


"The piece of pizza presented at our dining table created a strange sensation in my stomach. There was abdominal sounds and sudden gush of acids that is already preparing to welcome a big meal for free. All I had to do is to sit back and relax. I was stress-free because I was not thinking about the bill."

Hawaiian Pizza usually consists of tomato and cheese. But in some other versions, they tend to include bacon. Thanks to my newly wed friend Rhea who just came from Canada. She treated us at Shakey's JTC Mall Branch, Metro Vigan in the town of Bantay, Ilocos Sur [an outskirt of Vigan City].


I must say it is my second or third time to eat a Hawaiian Pizza if it is not the first. Rhea came from Canada, she is a "balikbayan" and my old friend, since childhood. 

In a coincidence, it is noteworthy that Hawaiian Pizza did not originate in Hawaii. Several members of the press has covered the claim of Sam Panopoulo as the man who first created the Hawaiian Pizza.

He is a co-owner of the Satellite Restaurant in Ontario, Canada in 1962. So Hawaiian Pizza was created first in Canada where my friend Rhea came from. What a fascinating fact!

The piece of pizza presented at our dining table created a strange sensation in my stomach. There was abdominal sounds and sudden gush of acids that is already preparing to welcome a big meal for free. All I had to do is to sit back and relax. I was stress-free because I was not thinking about the bill. I just prepared my self for a battle. Who will survive? The pizza or me? Well, the pizza survived. I surrendered, I can't eat it all. Haha.

It is already nice to note that the ambiance is just fine. Inside this Shakey's Branch in JTC Mall was solemn maybe due to the lighting effects and the designs and accessories placed inside the restaurant.

To sum it all, Shakey's Hawaiian Pizza is simple, yet adorable. The one we ate was thin crust, always cheesy and as I have said, the simplicity of the pizza is what makes it delicious.

Share


This post is filed under different categories. Included in these categories are the places where I experienced the food/restaurant. See the latest posts published under each topic or place by clicking the categories below.

You may also like

No comments

Leave a Reply

Commenting Rules:

1. Maging rsponsable lang po sa pag-kokomento. In English, you are welcome, LOL!
2. 'Wag pong mag-spam ok po ba?

Recent Restaurants and Food Hubs I Tried